Thursday, December 3, 2009

Snowflakes and Other Gifts


For as long as I can remember Grandmother was always making us things. She made our "jams" when they were fashionable. (I don't really know why they were fashionable.) For several years I got boxer shorts.

As a kid I wondered why my grandmother was making my presents. Like any kid I probably would have preferred the newest toy from the store, but now that I'm older, I realize how lucky I am that my grandmother loved me so much to devoted countless hours, days, and weeks to make something that was so close to her heart.

I still have my American Flag fold-up quilt, as well as other quilts, afghans, and, of course, the "Granddaddy Quilt." I have the fish watercolor, doilies, and these wonderful snowflake ornaments that currently decorate my Christmas tree.

Post by Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment